TDCAA    TDCAA Community  Hop To Forum Categories  Criminal    Getts v. State
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Getts v. State Login/Join 
posted
Although we now have guidance on enhancement of DWIs, it looks like we have a House floor amendment that went wrong in its 2001 amendment of 49.09(e). I encourage everyone to read this case and begin the lobbying.

Posts: 38 | Location: Henderson County | Registered: July 19, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The question is, what are we lobbying for? The legislature needs a single clear direction from prosecutors.

Posts: 7860 | Location: Georgetown, Texas | Registered: January 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I agree with your post yesterday. Lets finally do away with the ten year rule. At least that is the advice from this humble prosecutor.

Posts: 38 | Location: Henderson County | Registered: July 19, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Humble prosecutor??? When did you become humble Scott? I guess being married has done that to you.

Posts: 37 | Location: Tyler, Texas | Registered: October 26, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Sorry Brent, I guess I should qualify "humble". I am only humble in front of my wife and a jury.

Anyway, take a look at Getz when you get a chance. Tell Mr. Downs our bantering over the proper way to read 49.09(e) has now been solved for us. Frown