TDCAA    TDCAA Community  Hop To Forum Categories  Criminal    Who's printing subpoenas?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Who's printing subpoenas? Login/Join 
posted
My office prints out and submits an "application for subpoena" in both district and county courts. Filed with the clerk, who then prints out the actual subpoena. The code speaks of an application only in felonies, but I hear some offices are printing out their own subpoenas for the clerk. Is that only for misdemeanors? If not, are you printing out an application for issuance to attach to the actual subpoena itself? Am I just being hypertechnical? I like the idea of printing my own subpoenas b/c it eliminates redundant data entry and the opportunity for error. Couldn't find the case law I needed either.

Posts: 73 | Location: Richmond, TX | Registered: January 06, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
We do our own. We give the clerks 3 copies of the subpoena. 1 is the application, the other two become the subpoena once the clerks do to it whatever they do to it.

Posts: 286 | Registered: February 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
We do an application and the subpoena. It avoid mistakes and speeds things up.

Posts: 233 | Location: Anderson, Texas | Registered: July 11, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post