TDCAA    TDCAA Community  Hop To Forum Categories  Criminal    No kin to me
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

No kin to me Login/Join 
posted
I have received well over 100 calls and inquiries in the past week, and just a moment ago from a Houston reporter friend of mine, inquiring how I felt about "my relative" the famed plastic surgeon Mark Gilliland of Houston, who is alleged in a very high profile case of being intoxicated and running over two poor British ladies who were here working as producers for the Animal Planet TV show and who were walking on a sidewalk in the Galleria area. One of the poor women actually died and was brought back to life by paramedics.

I have received calls/emails/in-person inquiries from old police buddies from Houston, other prosecutors, defense attorneys, a few judge friends of my father's and numerous others asking what I thought about "my relative" and his situation.

We are no kin to each other. Not even distantly His name is spelled differently than mine. I have a "e" in the middle, he has an "i". Never met the man.

Now you know. We ain't no kin. And those of you who know me as a prosecutor probably have a good idea of what I think about that type of case. I also was struck by a drunk driver as a 13 year old, riding my bicycle next to the curb in Houston, and sustained a broken scapula and numerous broken ribs. My assailant was caught but allegedly fled to Mexico after posting bond, and thus never stood trial.

Posts: 2578 | Location: The Great State of Texas | Registered: December 26, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Now, Greg, we all have black sheep in our families. You needn't be that touchy about yours. We're all friends here, after all.

Posts: 686 | Location: Beeville, Texas, U.S.A. | Registered: March 22, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I always know I can count on you, Terry, for an encouraging word in times of need!

Posts: 2578 | Location: The Great State of Texas | Registered: December 26, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post