Notify
Tools

Competency Login/Join 
posted
Any suggestions?

Posts: 1 | Registered: December 13, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Civil Commitment under subtitle C or D of Title 7 of the Health & Safety Code

Posts: 3 | Location: Bonham, Fannin County, Texas | Registered: September 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Call me on my county line 713 274-6701.

This is an all-too-frequent phenomenon because the availability of local resources are severely restricted.

Art 46B.071(b) would prohibit restoration commitment - which is good because that would cost the county roughly $35k and accomplish nothing.

Stictly civil commitments will result in too speedy release. Instead, look at 46B.102/103, or consider a guardianship and placement. If you call, I have protocols, forms, checklists for the court, etc. etc. etc. -- all were given to the judges in Region 2 earlier in 2012 by Brian Shannon and myself. NOte if you do a 102 commitment the court will control release and charges are not dismissed and will buy time equivalent to the max sentence (if a Class A, one year).

Posts: 264 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: January 17, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Floyd,

Would you please send me the forms that you have available for this issue?? Thanks!

Posts: 2 | Location: Perryton, TX | Registered: July 06, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Done.

Posts: 264 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: January 17, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post