TDCAA    TDCAA Community  Hop To Forum Categories  Criminal    Drug court/PTD fees or squeezing blood out of a turnip
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Drug court/PTD fees or squeezing blood out of a turnip Login/Join 
posted
Has anyone ever figured out the following (I wasn't a math major)... total possible fees that could be assessed to a PTD defendant in a drug/dwi court setting?

DWI court using PTD to handle those accepted into the program. H&S code 469.004 permits the court assess a reasonable program fee not to exceed $1,000 plus "X" costs for counseling, testing or treatment. CCP 102.012 & 0121 allow the court to assess $60/month supervision fee for participating in the PTD program established under GC 76.011. Add to that up to $500 to the prosecutor for reimbursement to the county. I argue that fee along with the $60/month is tied to PTD established under GC 76.011 and is not assessable under a "drug/dwi court program" even though the court handles the participates like it would "standard" PTD agreements.

Anyone with a different idea? I searched the forum and couldn't find where this has been addressed.

Posts: 4 | Location: Texas | Registered: July 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post