TDCAA    TDCAA Community  Hop To Forum Categories  Criminal    HIV as Deadly Weapon
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

HIV as Deadly Weapon Login/Join 
posted
Has anyone ever charged an individual with Aggravated Assault w/ a Deadly Weapon using HIV as the weapon? This individual has been having unprotected sex with a lady without having first informed her of his condition. He has known he has the disease and is currently taking the medication. However, his ex-wife and small child are also positive. It is suspected there are other possible victims we are looking for? My main dilemna is the sex was consensual, however, the victim was not aware the infection. Any help?

Posts: 4 | Location: Marshall, TX | Registered: August 27, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Lets say he is hosting a BBQ cookout and I consent to stuffing my face with food...

Now lets say the food was poisonous.

And he knew about the poison.

And he also knew that I didn't know.

So if he offers the food up without warning me of the poison... he just poisoned me! He couldn't really claim that I consented to eating poison. Right?

I'm just thinking out loud here, I'm not a lawyer.

Posts: 689 | Registered: March 01, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Mentioned here before, but the SPU did prosecute AIDS-infected Curtis Weeks for attempted murder by spitting. Successful through the appellate process, Mark Patterson, now with the Feds, was the prosecutor.

Posts: 751 | Location: Huntsville, Tx | Registered: January 31, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post