TDCAA    TDCAA Community  Hop To Forum Categories  Criminal    Confession with an apology /Guilty
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Confession with an apology /Guilty Login/Join 
posted
Thanks to the able advise from my talented TDCAA friends and a lot of blood sweat and tears from the victims Defendant recieved 99 years, 10 years and 10 years in the aggravated sexual assault and indecency cases with the Def's crying confession. I used my powerpoint and pulled all of the "poor me" and quotes like "I can't control it ...something just comes over me...If they say they can control it they are F'ing liars. I can't." It helped the jury get beyond the emotional confession and the "God forgive Me" stmts.I only offered (by audio) a small portion concerning an extraneous offense during my case in chief but it added to the credibilty and made the difference. Glad I did because the Judge was going to let the defendant offer the whole tape during punishment in spite of my objections that it was hearsay. I offered the entire tape in punishment with an explanation and a great Investigator who admitted that he had been conned. Used a spider web drawing and showed how many people had been caught up by his manipulations.Thank God it's over. Thanks for all of the good advis!!!

Posts: 334 | Location: Beeville, Texas., USA | Registered: September 14, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
You made your county and our State a safer place for children.

Posts: 723 | Location: Fort Worth, TX, USA | Registered: July 30, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post