TDCAA    TDCAA Community  Hop To Forum Categories  Criminal    Order After Mandate On A Stacked Case
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Order After Mandate On A Stacked Case Login/Join 
posted
Def was convicted of touching a child and exposing himself to a child. Touching got 10 years pen time. Exposing got 10 years probation. I just did an order after mandate, but I didn't know the cases were stacked and didn't think to look because it happens fairly rarely here on a pen plus probation.
So, does anyone have an order after mandate for a stacked probation case?
Thanks

Posts: 286 | Registered: February 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Pursuant to article 42.08 of the Code of Criminal Procedure, it is ordered that the period of community supervision and conditions of supervision shall commence when the sentence imposed in Cause No. ____ has ceased to operate.

The language of the statute, viz: the "sentence suspended" shall begin when the judgment and the sentence imposed in the preceding conviction has ceased to operate, is quite poorly worded. But, it has to mean the period of sentence suspension shall be calculated as beginning on the day the sentence in the preceding case ceases to operate (it effectively means the imposition of the sentence shall remain suspended for the period of community supervision).

Posts: 2387 | Registered: February 07, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks Martin....that's pretty much what I did.

Posts: 286 | Registered: February 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post