TDCAA    TDCAA Community  Hop To Forum Categories  Criminal    Witness tampering
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Witness tampering Login/Join 
posted
We have a case in which a defendant is suing a victim and her mother for libel. THe defendant is charged with sexual assault of the child. The only allegation in the civil suit is the undelying outcry in the case. The defendant is bankrupting the victim's family in the civil suit but has graciously offered to drop the civil action if the victim signs an affidavit of non-prosecution in the criminal case. The child in this case is now an adult. Is this witness tampering?

Posts: 131 | Location: Hondo, Texas | Registered: November 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Why isn't the judge suspending any activity in the case until the conclusion of the criminal case?

Posts: 7860 | Location: Georgetown, Texas | Registered: January 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Mr. Bradley, I don't think her attorney asked for that relief. I suggested that today. I recently inherited this criminal case and just became aware of the civil situation.

Posts: 131 | Location: Hondo, Texas | Registered: November 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post