TDCAA    TDCAA Community  Hop To Forum Categories  Criminal    HIV Status and Confidentiality
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

HIV Status and Confidentiality Login/Join 
posted
Is it criminal for a person who knows he/she is HIV positive to have unprotected sex with another person without revealing HIV positive status? Also, please consider the question: assuming one has legally confidential knowledge of someone else's HIV positive status, is there any way to act on the possible moral or ethical duty to warn that person's new partner without breaching confidentiality?
I am the ADA in our county representing CPS and a case worker asked me these questions. Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Posts: 18 | Location: Bastrop, TX. USA | Registered: February 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The defendant's conduct meets the definition of aggravated assault or attempted murder.

[This message was edited by JohnR on 10-22-07 at .]

Posts: 2138 | Location: McKinney, Texas, USA | Registered: February 15, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Feel free to step down the hall with these questions, though I submit that Rolater is one of the great legal minds of our time. Or so says my friend Suzy Morton...

Posts: 2578 | Location: The Great State of Texas | Registered: December 26, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Greg, the key is acting like you know what you're talking about . . .

I sure hope I'm right, because we have something like 5 indictments against against an HIV positive Cassanova right now . . .

Posts: 2138 | Location: McKinney, Texas, USA | Registered: February 15, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post