TDCAA    TDCAA Community  Hop To Forum Categories  Criminal    P.R. Bond Program
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

P.R. Bond Program Login/Join 
posted
My county is starting a P.R. Bond Program and wanting to run it through the probation department under the authority of 76.011 of the Government Code. I've got a local defense attorney who is pitching a fit alleging that the only authority for such a program is found at 17.42 of the CCP. I think he sees his business from "referrals" from the local bonding companies drying up if we get a legitimate PR Bond Program going. Could someone who is familiar with a P.R. Bond program contact me? 936-336-4609. Thanks.

Posts: 276 | Location: Liberty County, Texas | Registered: July 23, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Mike, contact either Leighton Iles (head of probation department) or Associate Judge, The Honorable Pedro Ruiz, both of Fort Bend County. I think they can answer all of your questions. Fort Bend uses a system like you describe.

Posts: 2578 | Location: The Great State of Texas | Registered: December 26, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post