TDCAA    TDCAA Community  Hop To Forum Categories  Criminal    Gangs
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Gangs Login/Join 
posted
When I was living in San Antonio, before moving to Brownsville, (Okay, so maybe my mental stability can be challenged.) Bexar County DA Susan Reed set up a gang program. I don't remember all the facts, but. . .

1) There was some type of restraining order against gang members.

2) There were "safe zones" that allowed police to arrest known gang members.

3) While controversial, it appeared to work.

My question is, does anyone from Bexar still work the program and how do get information on the program?

Gordon LeMaire

Posts: 956 | Location: Cherokee County, Rusk, Tx | Registered: July 11, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yes, our office still has three attorney's who work full time tracking gang activity and determining whether or not there is sufficient evidence to file a civil injunction against the gang's members.

As of this date our office has successfully obtained injunctions against members of five different gangs.

Call Jill Torbert at (210)335-2354. She'll be happy to give you all the details and answer any questions you might have.

Posts: 7 | Location: San Antonio, Texas | Registered: May 18, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks Woody

Posts: 956 | Location: Cherokee County, Rusk, Tx | Registered: July 11, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post