TDCAA    TDCAA Community  Hop To Forum Categories  Criminal    Plat revision
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Plat revision Login/Join 
posted
I have a new commissioner that has found that a developer has revised his subdivision without seeking approval of Commissioners Court to revise the plat under 232.009 LGC. What are the county remedies, if any? I do not find in the Local Government Code where it says we can do anything about it.

Can we do anything?

Posts: 47 | Location: Brenham, Texas | Registered: January 22, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Unless Brenham has grown remarkably since last I noticed, I'm not sure section 232.009 would even apply, since under subsection (a), it applies "only to real property located outside municipalities and the extraterritorial jurisdiction of municipalities with a population of 1.5 million or more ...." Thus, as I see it, your developer may be developing his subdivision outside the scope of his original plat. If that development fails to meet plat requirements, enforcement would proceed under section 232.005.

Posts: 1233 | Location: Amarillo, Texas, USA | Registered: March 15, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post