TDCAA    TDCAA Community  Hop To Forum Categories  Criminal    Class C Traffic Ticket Appeals
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Class C Traffic Ticket Appeals Login/Join 
posted
There is only one CCL in the county I work in. The office philosophy on traffic ticket appeals has changed and I anticipate that many of these traffic ticket appeals will start to back the docket up. I'm just curious if anyone has suggestions about expeditious ways to handle these cases. I'm the only prosecutor handling misdemeanors and I'd prefer to spend as much of my effort as possible on Class Bs an Class As.

Posts: 63 | Location: Henderson, Texas, United States | Registered: December 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
You have to get backed up by your judge on a few cases and hammer them with the max.

Otherwise they don't have any incentive to not appeal them up. If it is anything like my county then they will appeal for a while and then it will die down again. Defense attorneys seem to go through cycles of different types of defenses and strategies.

Posts: 20 | Location: Livingston, Polk County | Registered: March 07, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post