TDCAA    TDCAA Community  Hop To Forum Categories  Criminal    CCP Art. 39.02 Witness Depositions
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

CCP Art. 39.02 Witness Depositions Login/Join 
posted
Has anyone taken one of these depositions? I have an older man with cancer who is a key witness in a Burglary of a Habitation case, and I am afraid he won't make it until the trial. I am looking for some examples of the motion you filed and some advice for the logistics of the deposition. Anyone do this by video that was introduced in trial?

Posts: 8 | Registered: October 04, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I don't have a motion. But, do remember that for your depo to be admissible, the defendant either has to be present at the depo or formally waive his appearance at the depo. Also get a written agreement with defense counsel about handling objections during the depo rather than doing it the "civil" way. We had a defendant change lawyers after the depo, and he was able to keep out some of the depo that the first lawyer found unobjectionable at the time.

Posts: 2138 | Location: McKinney, Texas, USA | Registered: February 15, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Heather: Check your e-mail. I have done a dpo and I sent you the material.

Posts: 41 | Location: Arlington, Texas | Registered: February 11, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post