TDCAA    TDCAA Community  Hop To Forum Categories  Criminal    Anyone using LoisLaw?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Anyone using LoisLaw? Login/Join 
posted
I know DPS tried it several years back. Is there any reason for me to spend time this week getting a demonstration?

Posts: 2138 | Location: McKinney, Texas, USA | Registered: February 15, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The demo they give you is over the phone and on the computer! I did it last week and have had the trial usage, which expires today. It seemed fairly competitive, but they keep you completely at arms length, no face time--even as a client. I did not get to use the trial for any purpose, but would like to hear any comments if someone did. The search of public records might be of interest to investigators--from listening, I felt that was the real benefit of the program--it may have something on Accurint.

JAS

Posts: 586 | Location: Denton,TX | Registered: January 08, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
How can anything beat the government rate and ease of Lexis?

Posts: 7860 | Location: Georgetown, Texas | Registered: January 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Did you ever use it in Lubbock? Was it any good?

Posts: 2138 | Location: McKinney, Texas, USA | Registered: February 15, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The DPS General Counsel's office used LoisLaw several years ago before we switched to Lexis online. I wasn't that impressed with LoisLaw at the time, but that was years ago when it was still fairly new. I'm sure it has changed a lot in the intervening years.

Janette A

Posts: 674 | Location: Austin, Texas, United States | Registered: March 28, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post