TDCAA    TDCAA Community  Hop To Forum Categories  Criminal    We are not hookers
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

We are not hookers Login/Join 
posted
Right, and Nixon was not a crook.

7/28/2006
Strippers plan trip down New Braunfels river
THE ASSOCIATED PRESS

In the midst of attempts to crack down on raunchy and rowdy behavior during traditional summertime tubing river trips through this city, a San Antonio topless club is planning a tubing excursion featuring strippers.

Trey Maddox, a manager at Palace Men's Club, said Sunday's excursion -- during which men can pay $25 to join the strippers -- isn't meant to fly in the face of the city's new rules.

"We're not hookers, dope dealers or Mafia thugs," he said, noting that the strippers will be appropriately dressed. "We're just coming to have a good time."

City Councilman Ken Valentine isn't so sure.

"I'm really disappointed that this is going to occur on Sunday when people should be in church," he said. "I hope they behave themselves and keep their clothes on, but I'm not sure they will because strippers are trained to take off their clothes."

The New Braunfels City Council has been cracking down on rowdy behavior on the Comal and Guadalupe rivers in recent months, banning volume drinking devices better known as beer bongs, increasing the maximum fine for noise ordinance violations, and prohibiting sound amplification on the river between 10 p.m. and 8 a.m.

A new ordinance banning containers with a liquid volume of 5 ounces or less -- an attempt to ban Jell-O shots and the associated litter -- will take effect after the next city council meeting.

Mayor Bruce Boyer said he thought it was unfortunate that the San Antonio club is taking advantage of the situation "to get free publicity."

"And all we're trying to do is make it safe and pleasant for anybody 8 to 80 to come and have a safe and enjoyable river experience," he said.

Posts: 7860 | Location: Georgetown, Texas | Registered: January 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
"I hope they behave themselves and keep their clothes on, but I'm not sure they will strippers are trained to take off their clothes."

exactly how many hours does that entail? (so to speak.) does it include actual field experience? do they get a practitioner's certificate, and if they do, where do they keep it? perhaps they should consider a more lucrative side gig like being a consulting stripper expert.

Posts: 1243 | Location: houston, texas, u.s.a. | Registered: October 19, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I take my clothes off to wash them and to take showers; however, I don't recall having taken any specialized courses in clothes-taking-offing or anything to that effect. Although I do hear that there are videos that teach that sort of thing. I just wonder how they're going to get the pole down the river...

Posts: 1089 | Location: UNT Dallas | Registered: June 29, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
very carefully

Posts: 71 | Location: Henderson, Texas | Registered: June 04, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Gretchen:
I just wonder how they're going to get the pole down the river...

I wouldn't touch that line with a ten foot pole. Roll Eyes

Posts: 2578 | Location: The Great State of Texas | Registered: December 26, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
There are permit considerations to account for, since there is significant potential for interference with the river's vibrant noodling community (banjo flourish to cue outro).

Posts: 1233 | Location: Amarillo, Texas, USA | Registered: March 15, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
They do say they're not hookers, so they must be using their bare hands. (Ba-Da-Bomp) Big Grin

Posts: 1089 | Location: UNT Dallas | Registered: June 29, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I guess they will have to adapt table dancing to inner tubes.

Posts: 169 | Registered: June 30, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
SO THAT'S what ZZ Top was singing about with "Tube Snake Boogie"! Strippers dancing while floating down the Guadalupe and fishing with their bare hands! And all these years I just thought it was a song about sex! Boy was I wrong. Thank you all so very much. You all have certainly opened my eyes to a much, much scarier world. Wink

Posts: 1243 | Location: houston, texas, u.s.a. | Registered: October 19, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Just how in the heck are you supposed to keep your $1.00's dry on a river in an tube? Please hurry and let me know. I'm supposed to go tubing on Sunday and won't be around my computer after today.

Posts: 357 | Registered: January 05, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by David Newell:
SO THAT'S what ZZ Top was singing about with "Tube Snake Boogie"! Strippers dancing while floating down the Guadalupe and fishing with their bare hands! And all these years I just thought it was a song about sex! Boy was I wrong. Thank you all so very much. You all have certainly opened my eyes to a much, much scarier world. Wink

As you easily and graciously retain your title as musicologist and humor man of the forum, Mr. Newell. Gretchen running a close second.

Likewise, I'd been beaten to death by that ZZ song in the eighties when it was popular, and yet, had no idea it involved the manly art of noodling.

Posts: 2578 | Location: The Great State of Texas | Registered: December 26, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post