TDCAA    TDCAA Community  Hop To Forum Categories  Criminal    In need of Voir Dire for Drug Case
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

In need of Voir Dire for Drug Case Login/Join 
posted
In my case, the boyfriend and girlfriend are co-defendants. drugs are found at the boyfriends apartment. the girlfriend claims to have another apartment and never knew drugs were there. however, cocaine & electronic scale are in plain view while her various personal belongings are scattered throughout the house.

I was hoping someone could forward me a voir dire that helps illustrate the care, custody, and control issues. Thanks in advance.

Feel free to email me directly at brandon.sims@co.gavleston.tx.us

Posts: 2 | Location: galveston, tx | Registered: October 11, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
be sure to talk about joint possession, the fact that two people can jointly possess contraband.

Talk about possession. If you get into a friend's car, and see what you know is a illegal machine gun in the back seat, yet you choose to enter the car and go on a trip, you are in possession of the machine gun as well.

Posts: 2578 | Location: The Great State of Texas | Registered: December 26, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Greg Gilleland:
be sure to talk about joint possession

He said it was cocaine, not weed, Greg.

Ba-DUM bum! Thank you, thank you, I'll be here all week.

Big Grin

Posts: 2426 | Location: TDCAA | Registered: March 08, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I use the example of Pizza. I stole that idea from Brian Price who's down at College Station now, I think.

I'll send you my typed notes from my last drug trial. It's not a power point, but it can get you started.

Posts: 764 | Location: Dallas, Texas | Registered: November 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post