TDCAA    TDCAA Community  Hop To Forum Categories  Criminal    Cell Phone Sniffing Dogs
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Cell Phone Sniffing Dogs Login/Join 
posted
Dogs are now being trained to sniff out cell phones -- a handy tool for state officials looking for contraband cell phones smuggled into prisons. According to the trainers, the dogs can even find cell phones that have been hidden inside peanut butter jars or put inside toilet tanks!

Here's a link to the story in Thursday's Washington Post.

Posts: 218 | Location: Victoria, Texas | Registered: September 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm gonna get one of those for my wife. Will save me a lot of time looking for her lost cell phone.

(The new iPhone has a GPS device included. Wonder if that can be used to find a lost one.)

Posts: 7860 | Location: Georgetown, Texas | Registered: January 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
If only I could get my wife to leave her phone on all the time, we could find the thing by calling it. Smile

My son received a 9 week old beagle puppy, Harley, yesterday. I'm considering training it in phone sniffing! I would also like to give him advanced training in taking messages when voicemail is full. Any suggestions in how to do that?

JAS

Posts: 586 | Location: Denton,TX | Registered: January 08, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
John,

Sounds like your wife is like mine. Cell only on long enough to call and not get an answer then off so I can't call back.

Posts: 956 | Location: Cherokee County, Rusk, Tx | Registered: July 11, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post