TDCAA    TDCAA Community  Hop To Forum Categories  Criminal    HB 2193 vetoed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

HB 2193 vetoed Login/Join 
posted
The Texas Legislature online shows that the Gov. vetoed the "probation reform" bill. A question: Have you since the bill passed sought modification rather than revocation of a defendant's supervision? I have.

Should we show good faith with the Gov. by "expanding the margins" of our judgment as to revocation vs. modification? I still had several defendants today who just wanted low pen time to avoid the "rigors" of probation.

Posts: 723 | Location: Fort Worth, TX, USA | Registered: July 30, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I think we should use our best judgement to see that justice is done, and not take into account a bill that on it's face is grossly irresponsible.

When those who voted for this bad bill run for re-election and they have an opponent, we should make it a point to inform their opponent of this bill, why it was a dangerous bill, and urge the opponent to beat the incumbenant about the head and shoulders with his vote. Every legislator who voted for this bill should be made to pay a political price for his foolishness.

This is even more true for those legislators who voted for S.B. 1195 (requiring police to use a DPS consent to search form). Any legislator too dumb to know that Texas is a border state, and that there is a serious problem with narcotics and illegal alien smuggling, and that we are at war with terrorists who will likely sneak across our borders, has no business being in the legislature.

Posts: 686 | Location: Beeville, Texas, U.S.A. | Registered: March 22, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I think we should all pool a couple of quarters. I know of a lady that needs a fruit basket and some nilla wafers...

Posts: 764 | Location: Dallas, Texas | Registered: November 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post