TDCAA    TDCAA Community  Hop To Forum Categories  Criminal    A Developing Defense
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

A Developing Defense Login/Join 
posted
Man stabbed, hit with concrete brick

Eagle Staff Report

A Brazos County man was stabbed in the back and struck with a cinder block Tuesday after fighting with his roommate, sheriff's officials said.

According to court documents, Michael Jones, 50, was at his home in the 7000 block of F.M. 974 about 9:15 p.m. when he and Debra Kay Mackey, 46, began arguing. Jones said Mackey followed him outside, then hit him with a concrete brick and stuck him in the back with a 5 1/2-inch kitchen knife.

After the assault, Mackey fled from the home in her vehicle, sheriff's officials said. Jones sought help from his neighbor, who called 911.

Sheriff's investigators found Mackey in Bryan, and she was arrested on a charge of aggravated assault with a deadly weapon. Mackey told authorities that she did not stab Jones and that he must have stabbed himself in the back, police said. She was taken to the Brazos County Jail and was released on $20,000 bail Wednesday.

Brazos County Sheriff Chris Kirk said Jones suffered minor injuries and was treated and released from the hospital.

Posts: 7860 | Location: Georgetown, Texas | Registered: January 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hey,

He may later claim he stabbed himself. I had a guy who was stabbed (this time in his stomach) by his wife/girlfriend/significant other, come in later and claim he ran into the knife she was holding while doing some normal kitchen type activity involving a knife. Ain't love grand. Of course the defendant had killed a husband with a knife earlier in her career, but I am sure that it was also some terrible accident. Wink

Posts: 83 | Location: Caldwell,Texas,USA | Registered: June 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
"And then he ran into my knife. He ran into my knife ten times."

Posts: 1116 | Location: Waxahachie | Registered: December 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm standin' in the kitchen, carving up a chicken for dinner, minding my own business, when in storms my husband, Wilbur, in a jealous rage. "You've been screwing the milkman," he said. He was crazy, and he kept on screaming, "You've been screwing the milkman." And then he ran into my knife... he ran into my knife ten times.

Posts: 7860 | Location: Georgetown, Texas | Registered: January 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
He ran into the knife backwards, don't forget.

Posts: 2138 | Location: McKinney, Texas, USA | Registered: February 15, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
posted Hide Post
No, not the Monsters of the Midway. I mean the one referred to above.

I encountered the "Chicago defense" claim in not one, but TWO separate cases during my stint at the Travis Co. DA's office.

What are the odds ....

Posts: 2426 | Location: TDCAA | Registered: March 08, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post