TDCAA    TDCAA Community  Hop To Forum Categories  Criminal    For A.P....The unofficial Banjo thread OR who says banjos are useless
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

For A.P....The unofficial Banjo thread OR who says banjos are useless Login/Join 
posted
Who says brain surgery and banjo pickin' don't go together...

A musician who underwent brain surgery to treat a hand tremor played his banjo throughout to test the success of the procedure.

Eddie Adcock is one of the pillars of Bluegrass Music and realised his tremor could threaten his ability to perform professionally.

See the surgery AND some banjo pickin'

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/science/nature/7665747.stm

[This message was edited by Greg Gilleland on 10-13-08 at .]

Posts: 2578 | Location: The Great State of Texas | Registered: December 26, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I am more shocked that we have proof that banjo players actually have brains!

Posts: 128 | Location: TX | Registered: March 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I knew there was a joke there somewhere.

Posts: 7860 | Location: Georgetown, Texas | Registered: January 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My neurosurgeon thinks the small brain I try to keep out of the rain is working fairly to moderately well. But he thinks the sounds that come from my banjo are prima facie evidence that I have carpal tunnel syndrome. Now, I would like to see one of those brain surgeries performed on an accordian player or maybe a drummer.

Posts: 751 | Location: Huntsville, Tx | Registered: January 31, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post