TDCAA    TDCAA Community  Hop To Forum Categories  Criminal    Punishment hearing in Failure to register Case
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Punishment hearing in Failure to register Case Login/Join 
posted
Can I get into the details of a Juvenile's underlying Agg Sex asslt case during Punishment in a failure to register case ?
We have a very dangerous defendant who has conned a lot of decent people into believing he was not guilty even though he confessed and went to TYC for 3 Years and then was transferred to ID for the remaining time on his 10 year sentence.I may be able to locate the victims and I want to be able to let everyone know how awful his case was at the time. Please help.

Posts: 334 | Location: Beeville, Texas., USA | Registered: September 14, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
That's one of many things that the 1993 amendment to article 37.07, CCP, was meant to authorize. I think it is a very good idea to let a jury hear from a defendant's past victims to flesh out a pen packet.

Posts: 7860 | Location: Georgetown, Texas | Registered: January 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Definitely relevant to what the proper sentence should be.

Posts: 130 | Location: Texas | Registered: October 12, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post