TDCAA    TDCAA Community  Hop To Forum Categories  Criminal    Prosecutors married to defense attorneys
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Prosecutors married to defense attorneys Login/Join 
posted
I'm curious. How many offices do we know of where there is a prosecutor married to a defense attorney who practices in the same county? I need specifics including how the married couple chooses to handle any limitations on either person as far as accepting clients or handling cases in the office, and why.

Posts: 172 | Location: Georgetown, Texas, USA | Registered: June 05, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yeah, c'mon everyone, if you have a pending potential ethical violation in your office, let us know. We promise not to tell anyone. (Sorry, Jana)

[This message was edited by John Bradley on 11-18-02 at .]

Posts: 7860 | Location: Georgetown, Texas | Registered: January 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
You might want to check with Montgomery County on this issue. I think they just had a major controversy where an Asst. County Attorney was charged with fixing cases (DWI, I think) where her defense attorney husband was involved on the other side. Not sure how it all turned out but Mike McDougal's office was handling it as I recall.

Posts: 293 | Registered: April 03, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post