TDCAA    TDCAA Community  Hop To Forum Categories  Criminal    SDFI cameras
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

SDFI cameras Login/Join 
posted
The SANE program in my area has gotten funding to buy one of these cameras. But while at a training they have spoken with the SANE nurses from Corpus that are telling them not to buy them because "the defense can get the photos kicked out because they can be digitally manipulated".

I told my folks that I hadn't heard of any issues and that most image media can be manipulated, thats why you have a witness that testifies that the photo farly and accurately represents the "thing" as you observed it.

Any one heard of any issues with this camera other than typical defense smoke and mirrors ?

Posts: 641 | Location: Longview, Texas | Registered: October 10, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Contact Williamson County CAC. Been using SDFI for years. Good stuff.

Posts: 7860 | Location: Georgetown, Texas | Registered: January 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Stacy,

Good to see you back "home" and sitting at the other counsel table.

Posts: 218 | Location: Victoria, Texas | Registered: September 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks Andy ! Its nice to be home !!

Posts: 641 | Location: Longview, Texas | Registered: October 10, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
You were supposed to call if you got work!

Posts: 2578 | Location: The Great State of Texas | Registered: December 26, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm sending you an email from our lead SANE.

Posts: 286 | Registered: February 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
SDFI-TeleMedicine Camera Systems are setup to capture both RAW files and JPG files during an exam. RAW file picture data can NOT be edited or altered.

REFERENCE: http://www.adobe.com/digitalimag/pdfs/digital_image_integrity.pdf See page 2, second last paragraph.

When requested, the SDFI system user sends both file formats to law enforcement and/or to the DA giving both agencies the ability to prove, beyond any reasonable doubt, that the images are original.

SDFI-TeleMedicine
806 Buchanan Blvd Ste 115-299
Boulder City, Nevada 89005
Phone: 310-492-5372
E-Mail: Info@SDFI.com

[This message was edited by Info@SDFI.com on 08-26-11 at .]

Posts: 1 | Location: Boulder City, NV USA | Registered: August 26, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yeah,that.

Posts: 7860 | Location: Georgetown, Texas | Registered: January 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post