TDCAA    TDCAA Community  Hop To Forum Categories  Criminal    Multiple Outcries for Child Sexual Assault
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Multiple Outcries for Child Sexual Assault Login/Join 
posted
Can you have more than one outcry witness for a single sexual assault of a child event? This is an issue in our current trial.

[This message was edited by Anderson County on 04-05-04 at .]

Posts: 1 | Location: Palestine, Texas USA | Registered: April 05, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Here are some cases out of various areas:
974 sw2d 838-2nd witness designated because there was more detail
787 sw2d 128-same
852 sw2d766
928 sw2d 229

What about different outcry witnesses for different offenses?

This is the reason I no longer interview children alone. Once the child begans to feel comfortable we are often the first to hear about additional offenses that can be charged separately. .

Posts: 334 | Location: Beeville, Texas., USA | Registered: September 14, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The cases Martha cites deal with a vague, general first outcry, such as "my uncle touched me," or "dad is sexually abusing me." Anybody know of cases where there a first outcry that details one type of sexual abuse (ex: I took a shower with mom and she made me touch her private), then a second, much more detailed outcry detailing different acts (ex: mom put her mouth on my penis, she made me touch her breasts, anal sex, etc.)?

Posts: 515 | Location: austin, tx, usa | Registered: July 02, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post