TDCAA    TDCAA Community  Hop To Forum Categories  Criminal    Trial subpoenas with multiple or alternate dates for appearance?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Trial subpoenas with multiple or alternate dates for appearance? Login/Join 
posted
Is it possible to get a writ of attachment based on a trial subpoena that lists multiple dates (to cover possible trial resets)? Is there special wording needed to make the subpoena enforceable if multiple dates for appearance are listed?

Posts: 10 | Location: Austin, Texas, USA | Registered: March 29, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I hate to see an unanswered question and I have not researched your question however I don't see how you can issue a writ of attachment until the very last appearance date noted. We have language that I assumed was standard that says once you receive a subpoena it's binding until the case is resolved.We always put everyone on telephine standby and they give us a phone number and we call when the case is really going. Good luck

Posts: 334 | Location: Beeville, Texas., USA | Registered: September 14, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post