TDCAA    TDCAA Community  Hop To Forum Categories  Criminal    Redding--13 yr old underwear-search case
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Redding--13 yr old underwear-search case Login/Join 
posted
Why does Justice Thomas make so much sense and get no support? Is he(and me I guess) so far from center that he has lost reason?

I have a 12 year old and, on the evidence here, would totally support the discrete nature of the search by members of the same sex. Girl or boy, it makes no difference. Isn't it time to give educators more support and stop undermining what they do? The majority really could have said more to excuse the staff.

Even if the majority's knowlege-of-drugs-in-underwear-requirement is somewhat palatable, the requirement of dangerous drugs seems wholly unprincipled.

JAS

[This message was edited by JAS on 07-08-09 at .]

Posts: 586 | Location: Denton,TX | Registered: January 08, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I agree. The TDCAA analysis was on point when it questioned what is meant by dangerous drugs exactly? In my previous community, the prescription drugs at school were rampant. They weren't scary sounding like heroin, but every bit as strong / dangerous, especially if taken by some kid before he goes out onto the P.E. field in 100 degree weather or if taking some other meds that so many kids these days are on.

Posts: 526 | Location: Del Rio, Texas | Registered: April 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post