TDCAA    TDCAA Community  Hop To Forum Categories  Criminal    Financial Crimes Are Coming
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Financial Crimes Are Coming Login/Join 
posted
The front page of the NY Times tells the public something state prosecutors have known for several years: the feds have nearly abandoned the investigation and prosecution of financial crimes since 9/11. Resources that previously held white collar thieves back have disappeared, shifting over to anti-terrorism work.

Meanwhile, we find ourselves facing an approaching financial storm that will likely overwhelm state prosecutors. Question is, will the feds get back to protecting the public from white collar crimes? And, how will state prosecutors and investigators manage these cases?

For the story, click here.

Posts: 7860 | Location: Georgetown, Texas | Registered: January 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
We just had one of our first mortgage fraud type claims surface. Interestinly enought the statute (PC 32.32 I think--don't have my code in front of me)--states that the AG, Dep't of Banking, and other selected statutes agencies "shall assist" upon the request of the local prosecutor. We've made a request for investigators and a financial analyst. I'll keep you posted.

Posts: 478 | Location: Parker County, Texas | Registered: March 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm thinking the AG better be asking for a bigger budget if this stuff grows like they say it's gonna.

Posts: 7860 | Location: Georgetown, Texas | Registered: January 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
At the jail, Young continued yelling about "how unfair the price of crack had become" and told detention deputies, "Stanky (expletives)! I brought me a ten and they're twenty tonight!"

Is this the first sign?

Details.

posted Hide Post
..and yet neither candidate is talking about how Wall Street is affecting "Joe the Crackhead". How out of touch!

Posts: 293 | Location: Austin, TX, US | Registered: September 12, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post