TDCAA    TDCAA Community  Hop To Forum Categories  Criminal    Is it just me?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Is it just me? Login/Join 
posted
Does anyone else have a problem with this sentence from an offense report?

"Ms. X identified herself as the mother of suspects 2 year old son and Ms. Y identified herself as suspects common law wife."

(Both of the women were being treated for facial lacerations by EMS at the time.)

Okay, just to clear up the parenthetical. Suspect smashed the windows of the vehicle the two women were sitting in, resulting in lacerations to the two women. I didn't want anyone thinking Jerry Springer.

[This message was edited by Gordon LeMaire on 02-24-10 at .]

Posts: 956 | Location: Cherokee County, Rusk, Tx | Registered: July 11, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I had a case recently where I had to distinguish between the defendant's girlfriend, the mother of his (newborn) child, and the woman he was living with when he was arrested.

Posts: 1116 | Location: Waxahachie | Registered: December 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
sounds pretty standard... (I am not cynical...yet)

Posts: 28 | Location: TX, USA | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Interview at the CAC. Child was 6. Grandma, who brought the child in, was 36. Grandma was also the mother of a 6 year old child. My take on it: That's not a family tree. That's ground cover.

Posts: 200 | Registered: January 31, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post