TDCAA    TDCAA Community  Hop To Forum Categories  Criminal    Forfeiture by wrongdoing
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Forfeiture by wrongdoing Login/Join 
posted
Hello. I was hoping someone could direct me to a guide to proving up forfeiture by wrongdoing in family violence cases. Our office has not done that many forfeiture hearings and I would like to know how other prosecutors are approaching them. Right now, we look at the Defendant's criminal history to see if there is prior violence against the V, we look for any other mentions of prior violence in the offense reports or conversations with victim witness coordinators. If possible we talk to other people who might know about the relationship between V and D. Is there anything else we are missing?

Posts: 2 | Location: Austin, TX | Registered: April 12, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Jail calls between the D and the victim can be great forfeiture evidence. "All this will go away if you just don't show up..."

Posts: 66 | Location: Travis County, TX, USA | Registered: August 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post