TDCAA    TDCAA Community  Hop To Forum Categories  Criminal    Competency Jury Trial Charge
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Competency Jury Trial Charge Login/Join 
posted
I've got a jury trial on competency set for Thursday. The problem I am having is that the McClung's edition I have uses the old CCP 46.02, instead of 46B. I've looked in the jury charges database on this website, but I don't see one for incompetency. I think I know pretty much how to modify the old charge, but there were some disagreements between myself, defense, and the court at jury selection. So, if anyone has charge based on 46B, or an opinion on how to modify the old charge, I would appreciate the feedback.

Thanks.

Posts: 88 | Location: Rusk, Texas | Registered: January 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It sounds like you need a copy of the book Mental Defenses, available for purchase from TDCAA for the low, low price of $25. Forms, including jury charges are included on a CD. All competency forms are based on the new law, 46B.

Posts: 515 | Location: austin, tx, usa | Registered: July 02, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
And, Jane, if only you could be compensated in a fashion commensurate with the efforts you expended...

By the way, we need new medical certificates and new writs of commitment based on 46C, as well (in addition to a plethora of other less used forms).

Posts: 264 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: January 17, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post