TDCAA    TDCAA Community  Hop To Forum Categories  Criminal    amend dwi to dwi 2
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

amend dwi to dwi 2 Login/Join 
posted
Ok--need some guidance. I want to amend, if i can, a dwi first to a second. i don't know that i even really have to do an amendment, since it seems enhancements aren't part of the "offense." our office always puts the enhancement in our information, though. can i just file a "notice of enhancement?" got that language out of the Villescas case in the annotations to 28.10. has anyone dealt with this, and if so, how?

Posts: 79 | Location: Hood County | Registered: December 18, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I sent a copy of an enhancement notice that I use.

Posts: 1029 | Location: Fort Worth, TX | Registered: June 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I would add your enhancement paragraph to existing charging language in a Motion to Amend Information. File it with your Clerk's Office and provide a copy to defense counsel....

Posts: 66 | Location: Travis County, TX, USA | Registered: August 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post