TDCAA    TDCAA Community  Hop To Forum Categories  Criminal    Slap marks /search warrant
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Slap marks /search warrant Login/Join 
posted
We have an accident/possible criminal case that has no alcohol involved. 2 witnesses gave stmts that the driver who t-boned another car while it was turning into a driveway had been speeding back up the road before the collision.The suspects insurance co took the car to Corpus to sell asap and we have obtained a warrant to get the speedometer and black box. DPS tells us they no longer have an expert to give us a speed from the speedometer. Why???My Trooper is brand new and my jurisdiction has a rule that the accident reconstruction group is not used unless there are three deaths. Do we use a private paid Expert? Who? Who Pays? Do we just ignore the case until after the PI lawyers get the evidence? Victim has same insurance carrier as the suspect.

Posts: 334 | Location: Beeville, Texas., USA | Registered: September 14, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I would call DPS in Austin and convince them that the DPS accident reconstruction team is really needed. Usually, DPS responds well to our requests.

Posts: 170 | Location: San Antonio, TX | Registered: May 31, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post