TDCAA    TDCAA Community  Hop To Forum Categories  Criminal    Sex Offender Registration
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Sex Offender Registration Login/Join 
posted
The question has arose as to whether it is a violation of chapter 62 for a sex offender to fail to register his vehicle. Either a vehicle he owns or is operating. I have found it as a requirement for those convicted of trafficking but cannot find a general requirement applicable to other offenders.

Does anyone know if this violates a statute and if so, can you refer me to that statute.

Question:
Does anyone know if this violates a statute and if so, can you refer me to that statute.

Choices:
Yes
No

Posts: 5 | Location: Rusk County | Registered: January 19, 2023Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
posted Hide Post
The reference to vehicle information is clearly limited to trafficking-related registrations. I don't know of any other vehicle-related information that is required to be reported. Your best bet might be to contact the good people at DPS who administer the registry just to double-check, though.

Posts: 2425 | Location: TDCAA | Registered: March 08, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post