Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Unusual fetish Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
For some women, a bad haircut might well be the sort of "serious permanent disfigurement" or "protracted loss or impairment of the function of any bodily member or organ" that qualifies for "serious bodily injury."

On the other hand, my Mom always said, "Don't worry, it will grow back."

[This message was edited by JB on 01-05-10 at .]

Posts: 7860 | Location: Georgetown, Texas | Registered: January 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Last December, I had a really bad car accident, and as the ER surgeon was reattaching skin on my forehead and trying to make scars as small as possible, I just kept asking him to please not cut my hair! It didn't stop him, of course. I don't know why, but someone cutting a chunk of my hair just to be hateful would offend me pretty badly, too. Don't think I could swear that it was "painful" though, at least, not physically.

Posts: 526 | Location: Del Rio, Texas | Registered: April 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
LarryL - I would think if the person was threatened by the scissors you'd have a better deadly weapon case than bodily injury case. Now, if he combed out the tangles first, then maybe we have pain.

Posts: 1089 | Location: UNT Dallas | Registered: June 29, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Being bald myself I would not have this problem, however, since most people pay to have their hair cut a certain way then an offender cuts the hair causing it to look "ugly" which causes the victim to have to pay to have it "redone" would that constitute criminal mischief? Would hair be property? Remember that people do sell or donate hair to make wigs.

Posts: 109 | Location: Llano, TX USA | Registered: June 29, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Ooh...I like the criminal mischief angle, but then, it also would probably be a class C unless it can be shown at trial that the person (1) ordinarily sold their hair for more than $50 and was growing it for such a purpose, or (2) it was a $50 (or more) weave that was cut.

Posts: 1089 | Location: UNT Dallas | Registered: June 29, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
And not just any diapers, but dirty ones.