TDCAA    TDCAA Community  Hop To Forum Categories  Criminal    Rock Star Venire
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Rock Star Venire Login/Join 
posted
WHO KNEW that REM's Michael Stipe would be a potential state's juror...

Stipe Dismissed As Potential Juror
ATHENS, Ga. � R.E.M. lead singer Michael Stipe was among more than a dozen potential jurors dismissed at the beginning of the trial for a man accused of sneaking into a middle school and trying to sexually assault a girl.

Stipe told Clarke County Superior Court Judge Lawton Stephens on Monday he could not be fair and impartial in the case because he has been the target of stalkers and death threats, the Athens Banner-Herald reported.

Apart from Stipe, 15 other potential jurors were dismissed because they said they had already made up their minds about the suspect's guilt or innocence.

Posts: 2578 | Location: The Great State of Texas | Registered: December 26, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It's not like it's the end of the world as we know it.

Posts: 1243 | Location: houston, texas, u.s.a. | Registered: October 19, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
EverybFrowndy hurts sometimes.

Posts: 70 | Location: Sinton, Texas, USA | Registered: January 20, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
At least he made a personal appearance instead of just ignoring the summons like most celebs.

Posts: 2138 | Location: McKinney, Texas, USA | Registered: February 15, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
posted Hide Post
Maybe the perp's defense was that he just wanted to ask the girl to go Night Swimming.

Posts: 2426 | Location: TDCAA | Registered: March 08, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
You know, I would've thought he'd be qualified after he lost his religion while sitting in the corner. Come to think of it, if he's over in the corner, he probably wouldn't've been reached anyway.

Posts: 1243 | Location: houston, texas, u.s.a. | Registered: October 19, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Not every jury can be composed of shiny, happy people.

Posts: 1233 | Location: Amarillo, Texas, USA | Registered: March 15, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Is the fact that they were holding hands sufficient to overcome Batson?

Administrator
posted Hide Post
Driver 8 must've been Juror #8 to have been reached during voir dire.

Posts: 2426 | Location: TDCAA | Registered: March 08, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Stipe to Defendant: You can't get there from here.

I don't think kenneth knows the frequency. Trivia question: What media personality was assaulted and heard this phrase from the perp?

Posts: 2578 | Location: The Great State of Texas | Registered: December 26, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Wasn't that Dan Rather?

Posts: 1233 | Location: Amarillo, Texas, USA | Registered: March 15, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Why yes, it was. Rather Biased as we used to know him.

Posts: 751 | Location: Huntsville, Tx | Registered: January 31, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hey now, A.P., watch it. Rather is a fellow Houstonian who attended high school at the OTHER country club at the end of River Oaks Drive.

TRIVIA: What is the name of the school that is known as "the other country club" at the end of River Oaks Drive?

posted Hide Post
Dan Rather graduated from Reagan High School in the Heights. I only know this because my father graduated with Dan Rather. I don't think my father ever referred to Reagan as a country club, though.

Posts: 70 | Location: Sinton, Texas, USA | Registered: January 20, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm confused then. I thought Rather graduated from Lamar High School, which was called the Other Country Club. Now that you mention it, I now recall it was Reagan, the alma mater of Racehorse.