TDCAA    TDCAA Community  Hop To Forum Categories  Criminal    out-of state statute
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

out-of state statute Login/Join 
posted
I need statutes from Arkansas for Judge to judicially notice....Ark. Stats. Ann. �� 41-701,41-1803 and 41-2002 (1987). Any suggestions on how to get 'em and in what form they should be? I'm guessing they should be from Ark. version of Vernon's and not pulled from internet?

Posts: 723 | Location: Fort Worth, TX, USA | Registered: July 30, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
You can go to www.state.ar.us and they have links to search the Arkansas Code. I found the new codification of the statutes you are looking for but not the actual statute from 1987.

You can also contact the Arkansas Secretary of State's Office. They should be able to provide you with a certified copy of the Statute that would be admissible in court such that the judge could take judicial notice.

Posts: 17 | Location: Austin, TX U.S.A. | Registered: February 07, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
James is right. I have done that with a California statute before.

Posts: 170 | Location: San Antonio, TX | Registered: May 31, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have had the court take judicial notice of statutes as posted on the internet, but my guess is your law school library there in FW has a version you might use too. If the other side receives notice and does not suggest your proposed version is wrong, I think you are home free, even though the ruling will be subject to appellate review. You could always verify what you have with a prosecutor in Arkansas too, I imagine they would be glad to help.

Posts: 2386 | Registered: February 07, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have Ark. Sec. St. looking to see if they can get 'em. Now...my TRE 202 notice simply recites the stat. citations I will ask the judge to notice. I don't believe I have to do more for reasonable notice...do you all?

Posts: 723 | Location: Fort Worth, TX, USA | Registered: July 30, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post