TDCAA    TDCAA Community  Hop To Forum Categories  Criminal    3G shock probation
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

3G shock probation Login/Join 
posted
A jury convicted my defendant of the offense of implements of escape with a deadly weapon finding and punished her with 10 years in prison and a $10,000 fine. She was eligible for probation. The defense attorney has requested shock probation. I argued that she was not entitled to shock probation since the judge could not give her regular probation because it was a 3G offense. The defense attorney argued that the judge could grant her shock probation because she was otherwise eligible for probation and she'd never been to prison for a felony. I cannot find any case law on this. Please help!

Posts: 10 | Location: huntsville, texas | Registered: March 07, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Ex parte Austin, 746 sw2d 226 (Tex. Crim. App. 1988)

Posts: 11 | Location: Williamson County, Texas | Registered: January 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
File a writ of mandamus under the authority of ex rel Hury v. Morgan,601/717, ex rel Vance v. Hatten,600/828 and related cases.

Or show the Judge pages 35 and 36 of the Perfect Plea to inform him/her that the defendant is not eligible for community supervision with the deadly weapon finding!

Posts: 1029 | Location: Fort Worth, TX | Registered: June 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post