TDCAA    TDCAA Community  Hop To Forum Categories  Criminal    sex offender expert for State
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

sex offender expert for State Login/Join 
posted
D's going to call either Jim Keedy or Mark Steege as a mitigation expert on a youthful sex offender. Any suggestions re: expert for the State, preferrably someone west of the Brazos?

(double posted because some of us forget to look in experts)

Thanks.

Posts: 130 | Location: Texas | Registered: October 12, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
She's in the Houston area, but when I was in Ft. Bend you couldn't beat Karen Gollaher on youthful offenders. However, that was 5 years ago. Might check wtih someone down there now. Karen has testified on both sides depending on what the "testing" showed but she knows her stuff. She is also on the CAC board there in Ft. Bend.

Posts: 641 | Location: Longview, Texas | Registered: October 10, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Dr. Gollaher is marvelous, I used her for competency and insanity cases, not child sex assault. But if she practices in that area also, she would be hard to beat for the Houston area. I also nominated her for an award, which she won, by the Fort Bend Crime Victims Alliance for practitioner of the year. Can't beat her on the stand. She is also a hilarious person as far as some of her observations of life, but she doesn't engage in that on the stand. Strictly business on the stand.

Floyd Jennings, who posts here often, testified for the defense in a murder trial I had. The defendant had lots of mitigating factors that Floyd identified, but when asked by the State if the defendant should ever walk the street again, his testimony wasn't so favorable to the defendant. An honest man, a rare commodity in our business.

I also recommend award winning expert (CAC Texas award winner) Dr. Lee Carter. He is in Waco but will travel. He consults extensively pretrial, and is a great guy. He presents EXTREMELY WELL, and is like Floyd and Karen Gollaher, a great witness who will tell the truth no matter what.

I have used Dr. Lee Carter in two recent cases and was really floored by his work. Excellent pretrial prep, great assistance in areas to focus on, and I have found his trial strategy tips in terms of witness order to be right on the money.

I rate all three of these experts as top of their field. I would have to flip a three-sided coin to decide who was best, they're that good. You won't get any surprises with these witnesses, and you'll like them as people. Your jury will too.

Call me if you need their contact info. I have it for both. Folks at TDCAA know where to find me.

[This message was edited by GG on 04-24-07 at .]

[This message was edited by GG on 04-24-07 at .]

Posts: 2578 | Location: The Great State of Texas | Registered: December 26, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
for the info. I'll check on them.

Posts: 130 | Location: Texas | Registered: October 12, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post