TDCAA    TDCAA Community  Hop To Forum Categories  Criminal    possession of a firearm?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

possession of a firearm? Login/Join 
posted
ok, my brother was in a parked car with his friend in the drive-way of were his friend stays. he was in the front passenger seat and his friend was in the driver seat as it is his car. my brother was visiting and they were listening to music in the car and just hanging out. a neighbor called the police for the music. the officers walked up to the vehicle and had them step out. they said they were there for a call of drug activity which there was none and never has been. they searched the car and found a gun under the seat my brother was sitting on. he had noidea it was there or that his friend had it but they charged him with possession of a firearm, and only him. can he beat this bogus charge? can they really charge him for that?

Posts: 1 | Location: tx | Registered: December 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Welcome to the TDCAA Bulletin Boards. The discussions in these user forums are for the benefit of prosecutors and their staff members, although we welcome relevant and appropriate input from other members of the criminal justice and government lawyer community. These forums are NOT a source of legal advice for citizens. Call the State Bar of Texas (1-800-204-2222) for information on seeking legal advice.

Posts: 128 | Location: TX | Registered: March 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Capitalization. New concept. Try it next time before you write.
Eek

Posts: 293 | Location: San Antonio | Registered: January 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I thought maybe we had ee cummings posting on our board under an alias.

Posts: 2578 | Location: The Great State of Texas | Registered: December 26, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
No, ee cummings didn't use punctuation either.

Posts: 1089 | Location: UNT Dallas | Registered: June 29, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
<Bob Cole>
posted
quote:
can he beat this bogus charge?

The only thing worse than a "bogus charge" is being railroaded, whatever the heck that means.

Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Can't you also be Bamboozled, Run a Muck, Framed, Left Holding the Bag, Cooked Up, Set Up, Trumped Up, and Shammed?

Posts: 293 | Location: San Antonio | Registered: January 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Oops, looks like you forgot the classic "shafted". Razz

Posts: 102 | Location: Galveston, Texas | Registered: September 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I used to tell my kids to be careful who they hang with lest they pay the consequences for someone else's actions.

Janette A

Posts: 674 | Location: Austin, Texas, United States | Registered: March 28, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post