TDCAA    TDCAA Community  Hop To Forum Categories  Criminal    Intentionally giving an adult a permanent STD
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Intentionally giving an adult a permanent STD Login/Join 
posted
If a defendant has consensual sex with a woman and at the end stands up and says "I have this disease and I just got you good because I gave it to you", then is it a crime? The woman has been told by a doctor that she now has incurable gential warts (she'll have them for the rest of her life & there's no cure). I'm thinking of trying to squeeze this into an Agg Aslt - Serious Bodily Injury. I've told my officers to confirm that she has not been sexually active with anyone else during this time period, that she did not have the disease before, and that he knew he had the disease & intended on giving it to her. Can anyone else think of another possible crime to charge? Does anyone else have any advice on how to handle this situation? I know that she can go after him civilly, but we'd like to go after him criminally also. Any help is appreciated!!

Posts: 15 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
This topic has been covered in a prior thread. Aggavated assault is your best bet. To read the prior thread, click here.

Posts: 7860 | Location: Georgetown, Texas | Registered: January 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I agree with JB but don't forget to elict from you expert (if it goes to trial) that if the warts are caused by HP form of the virus that it could also lead to cervical cancer.

Posts: 641 | Location: Longview, Texas | Registered: October 10, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post