TDCAA    TDCAA Community  Hop To Forum Categories  Criminal    Courtroom damage
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Courtroom damage Login/Join 
posted
The heavy plaster ceiling in the large district courtroom in Columbus (Colorado County) fell to the floor. Thankfully, the courtroom was vacant. It was installed in approx. 1909. Since then, we have held court in the 1886 Stafford Opera House across the street and in the County courtroom. We are several months away from being able to use it again.

I have a photo, but cannot figure out how to add it to this post.

Posts: 1029 | Location: Fort Worth, TX | Registered: June 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
To post a photo on this User Forum, you have to first have the photo posted to some web site on the internet. Then, under the reply box that comes up, you can click on the "Image" button and link the posting to the photo's URL. It appears that you can't just upload a photo on this forum, which is a shame, as that would be a lot easier.

But, the internet, having everything, has a solution. Go to http://imageshack.us/, where, for free, you can post an image to the internet and receive a URL you can then use to paste into the Image URL box. Good luck. We'd like to see that ceiling.

Posts: 7860 | Location: Georgetown, Texas | Registered: January 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Be sure to post a picture of the floor too (where most of the ceiling is now located). Is the older structure sound (or at least free of plaster on the ceiling)?

Posts: 2386 | Registered: February 07, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post

Posts: 7860 | Location: Georgetown, Texas | Registered: January 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post

posted Hide Post
Thanks to John for his technical wizardry in getting these photos posted.

Martin, the remainder of the ceiling is plaster and we are getting evaluations by a structural engineer to stabilize or remove the remainder of the ceiling.

Posts: 1029 | Location: Fort Worth, TX | Registered: June 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Glad no one was hurt! When we told you to "raise the roof" with your closing argument, we were not serious! LOL!

Posts: 2578 | Location: The Great State of Texas | Registered: December 26, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
From closing arguments, right after defense counsel put on his last witness, an underpaid, over-worked county jailer who was ordered to use a banjo string to measure the evidence in the infamous 'Daddy Sang Bass and Loved Me Tender While Doing It' case.

"...and ladies and gentlemen of the jury, if I have covered up, mis-represented or in any way perverted the truth about my client's innocence, and the prosecutor's scurrious and questionable tactics, may the roof of this historic building collapse on me!"

Posts: 751 | Location: Huntsville, Tx | Registered: January 31, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post