TDCAA    TDCAA Community  Hop To Forum Categories  Criminal    Truckers and serial killers
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Truckers and serial killers Login/Join 
posted
Today, the LA Times has an article about law enforcement efforts involving the investigations of murders that occur along long haul trucking routes, and discusses a few of the cases that have arisen or been solved.

FBI database links long-haul truckers, serial killings

http://www.latimes.com/news/nationworld/nation/la-me-serialkillers5-2009apr05,0,2434292.story

With so interstates and ports that we have in this state, it's no surprise that the map accompanying the article has plenty of red dots right here in Texas.

I think this article confirms what some have suspected for quite some time.

It truly is a silent mass disaster, and long haul truckers are only the tip of the iceberg.

Posts: 2578 | Location: The Great State of Texas | Registered: December 26, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I was doing DRE training in the Dallas County jail a couple of years ago. One of our subjects was a long haul trucker who got poppped in a prostitution sting at a Dallas area truck stop. We talked to him for a while after the eval was completed. They have their own little world for sure.

Posts: 151 | Location: Fort Worth, Texas | Registered: February 14, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
"Was the dark of the moon on the 6th of June
in a Kenworth pullin' logs
Cabover Pete with a reefer on and a
Jimmy haulin' hogs,
We was headin' for bear on I-1-0
'bout a mile out of Shaky-town
I said, Pig Pen, this here's the Rubber Duck
and I'm about to put the hammer down..."

Posts: 751 | Location: Huntsville, Tx | Registered: January 31, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
...as the banjos sing in the background....

Posts: 137 | Location: Corsicana, TX | Registered: May 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post