TDCAA    TDCAA Community  Hop To Forum Categories  Criminal    "sexually violent offenses"
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

"sexually violent offenses" Login/Join 
posted
H.B. 8 talks in terms of "sexually violent offenses" as set out in Section 1.07 of the Penal Code. Is my book missing some lines? I can find in the term in CCP 62.001, but not PC 1.07. So far I have not found a definition proposed for 1.07 as part of a new bill.
Help, please.

Posts: 130 | Location: Texas | Registered: October 12, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
posted Hide Post
See Section 7 of the HB 8, which adds the following new language to PC Sec. 1.07:

(50) "Sexually violent offense" means any of the following offenses:

(A) an offense under Section 21.11(a)(1) (Indecency with a child), 22.011 (Sexual assault), or 22.021 (Aggravated sexual assault);

(B) an offense under Section 43.25 (Sexual performance by a child);

(C) an offense under Section 20.04(a)(4) (Aggravated kidnapping), if the defendant committed the offense with intent to violate or abuse the victim sexually; or

(D) an offense under Section 30.02 (Burglary), if the offense is punishable under Subsection (d) of that section and the defendant committed the offense with intent to commit an offense described by Paragraph (A) or (C).

Posts: 2425 | Location: TDCAA | Registered: March 08, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thank you. I had completely missed it.

Posts: 130 | Location: Texas | Registered: October 12, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post