TDCAA    TDCAA Community  Hop To Forum Categories  Criminal    Positive Learning
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Positive Learning Login/Join 
posted
"A Los Angeles restaurant is offering a deal to customers who agree to look at their fellow diners instead of their phone screens."

Details.

This article got my attention because it was a positive method for improving human behavior and creating a calm, friendly environment. Typically, as prosecutors, we work on such behavior changes by threatening criminal prosecution.

What other examples of positive learning have you seen or experienced that might be a better way to improve human behavior? Surely, some of you had parents who engaged in such creative teaching.

Posts: 7860 | Location: Georgetown, Texas | Registered: January 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Well, when I was 7, I got a quarter a week if my chores were done and done right (including a literal "white glove" inspection of my room), and I got all "A"s (with an occasional allowable B) on my schoolwork. If I failed, I got my ass beat. I graduated from college summa cum laude and from law school in the top 13% of my class, all with a very average IQ of 116. This was long after my parents were out of my life, so I had good habits instilled, somehow, at an early age.

What motivates better? Fear or reward? I dunno - let the shrinks fight it out.

Bueller? ....... Bueller?.......

Posts: 218 | Location: The Border | Registered: April 08, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
These perpetrators at the bottom rungs are asked to come in for a "call-in," or an intervention, where authorities, neighborhood leaders and families come forward to explain the harm their crimes cause and offer support in changing their ways. But law enforcement officials send the message they will come down hard on violators who break the law again.

"There are a lot of carrots to be handed out, but there is also going to be a stick," Acevedo said. "Life is about choices, and this is about giving people the opportunity to make choices to turn their lives around and improve the quality of life for the people in that area."

Details.

Posts: 7860 | Location: Georgetown, Texas | Registered: January 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post