TDCAA    TDCAA Community  Hop To Forum Categories  Criminal    Out on Appeal bond
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Out on Appeal bond Login/Join 
posted
I have a defendant who plead guilty after a motion to suppress. Sentence was 7 years. Notified the court that he wished to appeal, but has not done anything. No paperwork filed for the appeal. What should I do to get him back before the court?

Posts: 956 | Location: Cherokee County, Rusk, Tx | Registered: July 11, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
If he has not filed a MNT and or NOA within 30 days, is free, and will not surrender himself voluntarily, how about preparing and filing a motion to revoke appeal bond and execute sentence? A capias pro fine under art. 45.045 would seem to be available to terminate his freedom.

Posts: 444 | Location: Austin, Texas, USA | Registered: January 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks, I should have known that without asking.

Posts: 956 | Location: Cherokee County, Rusk, Tx | Registered: July 11, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Judge shouldn't have released on bond until a MNT or notice of appeal was filed.

Posts: 7860 | Location: Georgetown, Texas | Registered: January 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post