TDCAA    TDCAA Community  Hop To Forum Categories  Criminal    RE: Austin American Statesmen article
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

RE: Austin American Statesmen article Login/Join 
posted
I noticed that the TDCAA website had a link posted to an Austin American Statesman article on Michael Moore's lawsuit seeking DNA testing of evidence obtained from the victim in a Williamson County homicide case for which he is serving a life sentence (murder), and from a victim from an earlier, unsolved murder. Since I live in Williamson county, I read the article and was surpised that the reporter made a major mistake in his facts. He identified Michael Moore as the husband of the victim, Christina Moore. In fact, Christina Moore was married to Robert Moore and was not related to Michael Moore. I wonder what Robert Moore thinks about being identified in the article--albeit with the wrong first name--as the killer of his wife!

Janette

Posts: 674 | Location: Austin, Texas, United States | Registered: March 28, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hi Janette. The print version correctly identifies the inmate as Michael Morton, who was the husband of the victim. I attended his trial and it left me with some memories and impressions I won't go into here. If I remember right, Ken Anderson and Bob Phillips prosecuted the case and Bill Allison defended him.

Posts: 245 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: July 08, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I think its a different case. The article talks about Michael Morton not Moore and says the murder happened in the 80s and the Moore case happened just a few years ago.

Posts: 641 | Location: Longview, Texas | Registered: October 10, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
[...] you can't always trust the defendant's press release and publicity stunt

You mean O.J. isn't hot on the trail of the real killer!

Posts: 689 | Registered: March 01, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Mea culpa! I mixed up the last names--the victim I was remembering named "Moore" not "Morton." Christina Moore's killer was also a "Michael."

Janette

Posts: 674 | Location: Austin, Texas, United States | Registered: March 28, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
That's what happens, Janette, when you read the paper BEFORE you've had your coffee. Don't worry, Michael Moore will not be seeking to have his conviction overturned because after the jury found him guilty, he entered pleas of guilty for 4 life sentences, waived appeal, then he led us all to Christina Moore's wedding ring that he had hidden. He's not looking for Barry Scheck's help.

Posts: 515 | Location: austin, tx, usa | Registered: July 02, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post