TDCAA    TDCAA Community  Hop To Forum Categories  Criminal    Operation NBA -- No Barbarian left behind
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Operation NBA -- No Barbarian left behind Login/Join 
posted
What happens when you take the attitude of a spoiled 5 year old and put it in the body of a 25 year old athlete, then make him a millionaire?

The brawl in Detroit was a glaring example of how far we've come from the Neanderthal Age. Let's see, Artest fouls Wallace who retaliates by pushing (alright, "roughly shoving") Artest. So Artest goes and lays out on the scorer's table like it's a tanning bed -- the picture of arrogance. Then a stupid fan throws a cup of ice on Artest, who in SELF DEFENSE charges into the stands and beats up a guy with glasses who might be the one who threw the ice. Then a few of the other mighty Pacer players storm the bleachers and pummel teenagers and anyone else in their path. Next thing I hear is that the Palace arena is going to double its armed police presence and unarmed private security team -- evidently to protect the fans from the players.

That's what it's all about folks: integrity, honor, sportsmanship. Whatever happened to sports stars in the mold of Sayers, Aaron, Clemente and the like? then, as bad as the Pistons/Pacers debacle was, within 24 hours, South Carolina and Clemson try to outdo their higher-paid peers and start a riot on the football field. Actually, I believe that was more of a scouting opportunity, what with the season nearing an end and all. You see, pro scouts could watch the melee and determine who was better fitted for their particular team: the moron who went into the fight without his helmet might be better suited for the NBA; the lineman who stood his ground and fought the cops would surely make a good Major League baseball player, one who wouldn't mind stomping a police officer trying to arrest his drunken brother, for example. You see how important that rumble was, folks -- the future of the freeworld and opportunity for the poverty-stricken depended on that battle.

One of the players from that college football game summed it up well, (what's in a man's heart comes out of his mouth) -- "...If we gonna go down, we gonna go down together!" Wow, thanks for that insight into your character.

He sounded like another famous American icon who revealed his nature by saying "They can't touch me while I'm alive, and when I'm dead, who cares?"

In spite of the unpopularity of the diatribe I make, I would rather my son strive to emulate the character of the young man who walked away from a pro football contract only to make the ultimate sacrifice on the battlefield of honor. Every athlete in the U.S. should have Pat Tillman's number sewn onto his or her jersey in a place where it would be seen with every turn of their head. He mattered.

With the latest displays of assaultive/idiotic behavior, just in time for the closing up of the Peterson case, we can now look forward to several years of pro athlete court cases that will tie-up and mock the justice system, while making a bunch of lawyers a whole lot of money.

Posts: 751 | Location: Huntsville, Tx | Registered: January 31, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Just wondering if this latest NBA incident will cause our society to stop and realize just how misplaced our priorities have become....... I doubt it.

Posts: 293 | Registered: April 03, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
posted Hide Post
Get a load of the salaries and the amounts that will be forfeited by these goons if the suspensions hold up (from espn.com):

Lost salary from suspensions

Player 2004-05 salary Salary lost
Ron Artest $6,158,000 $4,995,000
Stephen Jackson $5,100,000 $1,700,000
Jermaine O'Neal $14,800,000 $4,111,000
Ben Wallace $6,000,000 $400,000
Anthony Johnson $2,200,000 $122,222
Reggie Miller $5,500,000 $61,111
Chauncey Billups $5,455,000 $60,611
Derrick Coleman $4,500,000 $50,000
Elden Campbell $4,400,000 $48,888

TOTAL: $54,113,000 $11,548,832

Posts: 2425 | Location: TDCAA | Registered: March 08, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
You mean Ron Artest will have to get by on a measly $1,163,000? How will he survive?

Posts: 31 | Registered: July 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Well, with the pittance that they have to subsist on, they can at least hire a dream-team lawyer if they are charged. Maybe Geragos will be available by then.

Posts: 319 | Location: Midland, TX | Registered: January 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
<Markus Kypreos>
posted
Well it's the same Ron Artest who asked for a month off two weeks ago because he was tired from promoting his rap album. It's going to really have to sell now to make up for the $5 million he just lost this season.

Here, I'll help him out. The album comes out on Wednesday, November 23--the same release date as Seinfled Seasons 1-3 and Harry Potter. It's called TRUWARIER ALLSTARS MIXTAPE. I know all of you will want to buy it first thing.

Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Could we have this same system for prosecutors/defense attorneys? If, during a trial, the lawyer calls the opponent a bad name, judge suspends lawyer for a day and takes from salary.

Posts: 7860 | Location: Georgetown, Texas | Registered: January 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Judges don't care if you call the other attorney a name, chances are the judge was thinking the same thing. However, should you lay across the bench (like the player) as if you were getting a tan, the judge might give you the rest you've been contemplating down at the grey-door hilton.

Posts: 319 | Location: Midland, TX | Registered: January 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I just thought that A.P. was making a leap by assuming that players from Clemson and South Carolina make less than their NBA brethern.

Posts: 478 | Location: Parker County, Texas | Registered: March 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Well Robert, I was talking about "reportable" income, heh-heh.

Posts: 751 | Location: Huntsville, Tx | Registered: January 31, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post