TDCAA    TDCAA Community  Hop To Forum Categories  Criminal    Marihuana Brownie - how to charge
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Marihuana Brownie - how to charge Login/Join 
posted
I've got a case where a Trooper pulled over a car and found the occupant to be in possession of a Marihuana brownie. Question is how do I go about charging this? It would seem that the Health and Safety code excludes "oil or cake made from the seeds of the plant." How do I figure out how much pot is in the brownie??? Confused

I would greatly appreciate any guidance as a Westlaw search turned up nothing.

Posts: 34 | Location: Hunt County, TX | Registered: November 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm thinking, and could be totally wrong, that you actually end up charging for the THC. I think there was a thread on this not that long ago.

Posts: 286 | Registered: February 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
so maybe it was a little while ago.

Magic Brownies

Posts: 286 | Registered: February 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RK:
so maybe it was a little while ago.

https://tdcaa.infopop.net/eve/forums?a=tpc&s=347098965&f=157098965&m=4331084451&r=4571005451#4571005451

Thanks for the link, however, it doesn't address my issue as the brownies were never distributed to anyone.

Posts: 34 | Location: Hunt County, TX | Registered: November 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Your lab report should guide you. We have a case in which DPS stated no marijuana was found, but gave an amount for the THC. You should be able to use all of the sugar, flour and chocolate goodness as diluents.

Posts: 4 | Location: Galveston,TX | Registered: December 03, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post